Toronto Taste offers four auctions featuring exclusive experiences with your favourite celebrity chefs, rare and classic items and luxurious prize packages.
Thank you to our generous donors for providing these prizes, and to all who placed bids. Congratulations to those who won. All the auctions are now closed.
A best-kept secret among wine collectors attending Toronto Taste, the on-site Fine Wine Auction features a global selection of exclusive and rare vintages sourced from private collections for drinking, cellaring and investment.
All fine wines are curated and appraised by Robert Jull, owner of Vinifera Wine Services.
A wine importer specializing in high-quality French wines, Mr. Jull established Vinifera in 1988 and travels to France at least twice a year, tasting in all the major French viticultral regions. He has been involved in wine appraisal for the Toronto Symphony's Fine Wine Auction since 1990, as well as for insurance and property dispute situations since 1993, including assessment of perils and tasting. Mr. Jull has extensive international purchasing experience at auction, wholesale and retail levels. Vinifera currently represents approximately 70 domains.
Here are just a few of the rare wine offerings you can expect.
2004, Domaine Ghislaine
1999 Chateau Lafite Rothschild, Pauillac
2001, Clerico Barolo Ciabot Mentin
Springbank Single Malt Scotch Whisky, aged 13 years (distilled in November 1998 and bottled in January 2012)
1998 & 1999 Chateau Haut Brion
1990 Chateau Margaux
The exciting Toronto Taste Live Auction, hosted by chefs Bob Blumer and Roger Mooking and sponsored by Sun Life Financial, is always a highlight of the event. Take a look at the exclusive prizes and experiences on offer this year, and get TASTE ready to win.
- #1 Keep Tasting All Year Long: Dine out for a year at your favourite Toronto Taste restaurants: Vita Sociale, Little Anthony's, Estiatorio VOLOS, Momofuku, McEwan Group, Chiado, Mildred's Temple Kitchen, Nota Bene, Corner House Restaurant, CRUSH Wine Bar, Buca/The Saint Tavern, and Scarpetta Value: $2,600
- #2 A private Smørrebrød lunch for 10 with Chef Chris McDonald: Enjoy a private meal prepared by Cava Chef Chris McDonald with fine wine in your home or at Cava Restaurant. Expires Oct.1, 2013. Value: Priceless
- #3 Everyday Exotic Gourmet Dinner Cooked in Your Home by Chef Roger Mooking: Join celebrity chef and recording artist Roger Mooking as he transforms the heart of your home into a professional kitchen. Roger will prepare a gourmet meal for 6 people with your new, All-Clad, professional-grade, stainless steel, large roti combo. Pairing gourmet ingredients based around an 'obedient ingredient' of your choice (based on availability), Roger will prepare a custom meal for you. Value: Priceless
- #4 PEI International Shellfish Festival with Chef Michael Smith: Choose between Sept. 15 and 16, 2013, and join Food Network Chef Michael Smith on the historic Charlottetown waterfront with thousands of foodies from across the continent to celebrate the 17th annual Prince Edward Island International Shellfish Festival. Whichever day you choose, you'll be spending the day as an insider with Michael. Combine with miles of white, sandy beaches, it will be a culinary adventure you'll never forget! Includes a 2-night stay at the Inn at Bay Fortune. Return airfare between Toronto and PEI provided in economy class. Value: Priceless
- #5 Bahamas Mama: Spend a week in your own private luxury villa at Grand Isle Resort & Spa in Exuma, Bahamas. This 2-bedroom, 2,285-square-foot villa overlooks the golf course, famous Exuma blue waters and is only a few steps away from the 1-mile Emerald Bay Beach. (Terms and conditions: Does not include flight, activities, food or beverage. Expires June 9, 2014. Reservations based on availability, subject to blackout dates, including the December holidays and Spring Break.) Special thanks to Michelle Levy. Value: $7,000
- #6 Surreal Victoria Gin Cocktail Party: Includes gin-friendly appetizers prepared and served by culinary adventurer and Second Harvest ambassador Bob Blumer, a mixologist to prepare your favourite gin cocktails, and all the Victoria Spirits gin you and your 11 guests can drink. Courtesy of Bob Blumer and Victoria Spirits. Value: Priceless
- #7 Bring Home a Little Toronto Taste: Enjoy a private cooking class for 6 people with Chef Devan Rajkumar of The Food Dudes, followed by a designer consultation with LUXE Appliance Studio. Courtesy of The Food Dudes and LUXE Appliance Studio. Value: Priceless
- #8 I Heart New York: Take a whirlwind tour of your second-favourite city with lunch for 2 at Chef Daniel Boulud's Café Boulud, an Upper East Side staple, and a 2-night hotel stay for 2. Includes return airfare courtesy of Porter Airlines. Value: ~$3,500
- #9 Spice Up Your Kitchen: Turn your kitchen into a chef's paradise with restaurant-inspired appliances from GE Café. Courtesy of GE Café. Value: $3,500
- #10 $5,000 to Fill a Truck with Sun Life Financial: Use your auction dollars to fill a Second Harvest truck with rescued, nutritious food for adults, children and seniors in Toronto who are hungry. Every dollar is enough to provide 2 nutritious meals. All funds up to $15,000 will be matched by Sun Life Financial.
Toronto Taste guests will have the opportunity to bid on the following exclusive items and experiences on Sunday, June 9 at the ROM.
- The Ultimate Yorkville Makeover: $1,500 gift certificate for services from Dr. Wong at Glow Medi Spa (non-surgical, aesthetic skin and body treatments) and Glow Medi Spa basket of skincare products valued at $650; $300 gift certificate for LUX-SPA for manicure, pedicure, airbrush tan and makeup application; $500 gift certificate for cut-and-style, highlights, and protein treatment at Salvatore Leonetti Salon; Personal training, massage, nutrition consultation, and juice cleanse at Catalyst Health valued at $350; VIP shopping experience at Pink Tartan valued at $300; $200 to spend at Craft & Guile Boutique; $200 to spend on fine linens and silks at HSH Canada. Total value: $4,000
- All-Clad professional cookware
- Private lunch and barrel tasting for 8 at Norman Hardie Winery
- Autographed Toronto Maple Leafs Jersey
- A luxurious 3-night getaway in Muskoka for 2 guests from Oct. 18 to 21, 2013, courtesy of The Divine Destination Collection
- Luxurious staycation with a 1-night stay for 2 in the premium Marjory Steele Suite at the Hilton Hotel in downtown Toronto
- $500 shopping spree at Stephen Bulger Gallery
- Dinner at many of Toronto's finest restaurants
- Autographed cookbooks
- 2 one-week passes to the 2013 RBC Canadian Open
Here are some highlights of what you can expect to see.
- Offer your child the experience of a lifetime with a 10-day camp session at Camp Wabikon (Aug. 11-21). Located in the heart of Temagami, Camp Wabikon is renowned for its crystal clear waters, pine forests and fantastic shoreline. There is archery, drama, tennis, canoeing, wind surfing, sailing, kayaking and much more.
- Nespresso Citiz espresso machine with milk frother
- 2 $100 gift cards for Orderit.ca
- $200 shopping spree at The Big Carrot
- Yoga and pilates classes